Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Lifetime of Asking


Tonight's post is short and sweet.  After a day of writing three public opinion surveys and one elite study questionnaire, I'm completely unable to think about anything but resting my brain and writing reports all day tomorrow to avoid a personal writing brain cramp like this.  I love my job and sometimes it ends up inspiring poems like this...

Punctuation
by Nicole Speulda

Why can I only write
between question marks?

?Porque solo escribo
entre puntos de interrogacion?

Why can I only write
within question marks?

For some the written word
holds calmwater stillness
a sanctuarial infinity,
consciousness in aquamarine.

Yet questioned postulations
hemorrhage the status quo
and I wonder if some expressions
were born to be unknown?

No comments: